Friday, June 1, 2012

First Few Years and Brownies!



Some of the greatest bits of advice have come to me from my father. One of these, which may have been the greatest, was given to me about a month ago. I had driven from Tori's house to my dad's shop to help him with his sail boat, and of course we talked a lot! I was sharing with him my plans for the up and coming future, within the next two to three years. I expounded on the BMW, Mercedes, or Lexus I would have, the beautiful apartment, and most importantly the loving, caring, and selfless wife I would have. So my father worked and listened, and what he said radically changed my view of my future. By simply downgrading two of my plans and adding one more I now knew exactly what I wanted.

Now, as a side note, you should know that Tori and I have been day dreaming together about traveling all over the world. Sure it's a fantasy, but hey it was fun to talk about. The relevance of this fact to my fathers advice is what was covered in the adding of another plan. By simply getting a cheaper car and a smaller apartment, we could possibly have enough money to see the world together. Then, once we are ready to have a baby, get the car I want. Children will be a blessing, and they will also tie you down to a city at which time it would be best to buy the nice car and the nice house.

So as of right now, those are exactly our plans for the first few years of our marriage!

Also, We made brownies today! (The picture!) It was a blast! We laughed so much! Sometimes you can have the best time messing things up. It felt like it was just one thing after the other kept messing up. From melting the butter to not having the right amount of things, it seemed like nothing would go right. But the great part is, we had fun! And so, after we baked the brownies, I said something pretty deep... It's not important that you get it right, it's important that you have a good time. Of course, this isn't always applicable, but sometimes, as in when we made the brownies, it is so relevant! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment