Monday, June 4, 2012

"Yes sir, I'll drive safe."


Fun story for you all! The photo above is the first picture of just Daniel and I. The photo was taken on a chilly night in October by Daniel's mom at a Forest football game that we went to. We went to watch his sister do her thing as the mascot, Wilma Wildcat. Daniel had already started school at UCF and was home for the weekend. This was about a week and a half before we started dating. We were leaving the game early when he got a phone call from his dad (who was still in the stands). I couldn't hear the phone call, but I heard Daniel say, "Yes sir, I'll drive safe." His dad was actually telling him to put his arm around me and keep me warm, which Daniel was already planning on doing. Haha. So he hung up the phone, and FINALLY! What I had been waiting for ALL NIGHT! He put his arm around me on my shoulder and I instantly interlocked my fingers with his on my shoulder. Daniel said that my instant reaction gave him the best feeling. When we made it to his car, he opened the door for me (and still does), and we left for some Starbucks coffee. But before we had even left the parking lot, Daniel laid his hand facing upwards on the shifter to hold hands. After a couple high fives, I grabbed his hand and VIOLA! The first time we held hands! Hahahaha. It was so hard to let go for both of us for the rest of the night. Nothing ever felt more right than being with Daniel.

As far as updates go, Daniel and I have chosen our bridal party and have been looking at apparel for those lovely people. Our guest list is still growing, haha. I guess we forgot to mention this earlier, but we asked John R. Evans to marry us within hours of being engaged, he accepted with honor and we are super thrilled about that. I believe that is all for now, have a blessed week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment