Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Promises.

Image. 1

Sometimes people make promises. And sometimes they make even more promises later. But that doesn't mean that they forget the old promises you made! Last Summer I gave Tori a promise ring (refer to Image. 1) on the beaches of Siesta Key as the palm trees whistled in the wind and the moon was in it's waxing gibbous phase though it was not visible due to the cloudy hays that covered the night's sky. That night I brought awareness to Tori that my whole heart belonged to her and that I would like to symbolically represent this through a ring. The importance of the promise ring is not just it's symbolism of love, but of love in the form of promises. Not only did I vow that I would love her forever, I also vowed that, because of this love, I would wait for her. This promise was significant on multiple levels. It meant that I would wait for her as she left for college later that month, it meant that no other girl would even turn my eye in want in her absence, and it meant that we as a couple would wait until we exchanged our wedding vows for what we knew should wait until then. Now I've made some more promises with the next ring I gave her; that we will be married, that I will provide, and that I will continue the promises represented by her other ring. I'm still not done yet though! One more ring, a few more promises, but it's okay because I like to make promises! Especially to someone as deserving as my sweet Tori.

No comments:

Post a Comment