Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Straight Street Orlando!



This picture is of beautiful downtown Orlando. Tonight Tori and I decided to take a little time to help some less fortunate than us. There is a program that our church, Genesis, helps out with once a month on Tuesday nights; it is called Straight Street Orlando. Basically, we set up downtown and provide some music, a biblical teaching, and food and drink to some homeless people. Some being more than two hundred...probably. And I'm not one to exaggerate. In fact, I may be under-exaggerating. Anyways, it is always nice to make people happy, and it is very humbling. The point that PJ (The one who did the teaching) was making was very biblical and very matter of fact as oppose to just a make everyone feel good speech. I certainly view my thought process and view on the homeless differently, even though the speech was directed towards them. I was not negatively inclined towards homeless before, tonight just gave me a different perspective. Anyways, I am certain that you will all hear about this sometime in the future since we will absolutely be going back, no matter how inconvenient. 

I love serving others right next to my fiance, The bible says it is more blessed to give than to receive, and that man should not be alone, and to feed the poor and the widow. So to give to the poor and the widow together with the one that I love is almost overwhelming! Yep, we'll definitely be going back! :)

God bless and goodnight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment