Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend!

So, I don't know how your thanksgiving day looks, but ours was pretty amazing....

Tori and I ran our first 5k together and did pretty well! We had to be there at 7:00 a.m. which meant we had to wake up early! But it was a great way to start thanksgiving day! All of Tori's family ran; Her mom, her dad, her brother Ben, her brother Jason, and his wife! My mom and sister also ran it! So it was a fun and exciting time to get together. My sister smoked my time... but that doesn't matter I guess... Then we wen't to Tori's and freshened up. (P.S. She was beautiful! Of course, she always is.) It was nice to spend some time with all of her family, but then we had to head to my parents, where we ate and hung out!

At the table, there was a lot of laughter and happiness as all of my mothers side of the family was there to enjoy this family time! Also, my cousin and I made a tower out of napkin holders and a knife, no big deal. After we finished eating turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, stuffing, green bean casserole, and corn stuff, we headed to Tori's for food... When we got to Tori's parents, everyone was excited to see us, mostly cause that meant they could eat! haha But it was good to see them too. Then we sat down, prayed and gave thanks, and ate! We ate a lot of the same stuff, which was delicious all over again, but it was all slightly different as recipes do differ from cook to cook, in case you didn't know that. The most noteworthy difference was the stuffing. My mother made a homemade stuffing that was sort of sweet with dried cranberries and a light vinaigrette, where as Tori's mom makes it a little more spicy with sausage! Mmmmm! I used to hate stuffing, but both of these are simply amazing!

After eating dinner, it was time to divvy up the christmas lists! So, we all put our names, and three gift ideas, onto a piece of paper, folded them up and put them in a hat to draw. After multiple tries, we finally all didn't get ourselves and so we were good.

Then we headed to my house again to watch Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. Which is cute! All the youngins, including my Aunt, then played Apples to Apples! Then we said goodbye and headed back to Tori's.

At Tori's we pretty much just did homework to end our Thanksgiving...

Needless to say, it was an exciting and eventful day! I hope you all had a great day! Today, we will be headed to Orlando to celebrate thanksgiving with my fathers side of the family! GOD BLESS! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment