Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Busy Bees!

One word to describe lately: Busy. We have been on a constant go. Though we can see that light at the end of the tunnel, as far as school goes, it's still lots of work until we are finally done for the semester.


Last Wednesday we babysat some of favorite children. The Evans, of course. Thursday was small group, great as always. I made brownies. Friday, we actually had a Good Friday service at Genesis. It was incredible. Worshiping with the Genesis family is incredible. We are constantly reminding ourselves that God has called us to Melbourne... We are not ready to leave this amazing community, but there is peace and assurance in doing so!


Friday night we met up with our good friends Stephen and Amanda, who are also engaged! We made and ate dinner together, talked about our lives, our futures and our wedding plans. We also got Jeremiah's, which is awesome. And then we went back and played a board game called Settlers of Katan. It was lots of fun, and I won...



Saturday, I cleaned and did schoolwork while Daniel was in the lab all day. My parents came to Orlando to come to our Easter service and we met up for dinner and walked around Waterford. It was SO nice to see them.



Sunday morning came along, and we had two Easter services! Happy late Easter everyone! Both services went really well, however.... Just before out second service the school's cafeteria (where we have service) began to fill with smoke. Eventually we evacuated everyone from the room and discovered the air conditioning had broken and overheated! Crazy stuff! But certainly made for a good story! It was quite ironic that one of the songs we were singing is titled Burn Us Up. Great song, check it out. It's things like that when I know our God has a sense of humor. Afterwards, we went out to lunch with my lovely parents and relaxedly did schoolwork when they left.


Monday and Tuesday have been hectic going to classes and driving around. Daniel has been spending most of his time in the lab these days. He'll be graduating in exactly a month! I'm not sure if he knows I'm probably as ready as he is for this senior design project to be over with! Hahaha. I had a speech Monday, I did it on human trafficking and got an A! My professor even asked if she could use my speech for a student example for future classes! I was feeling pretty good! On top of that I passed the GKT today! Which is a big deal! Basically, it means I'm one step closer to being a teacher! Now it's time to take big girl classes! We also led worship for FCA Monday, which also went really well!


We got ColdStone to celebrate my passing of the GKT, which I meant to hold up in the picture! It's pretty rare that I'm the one driving... Haha. Anyways, I also went to my girls small group tonight which was really good. We talked a lot about Proverbs 31, and being women who are clothed in strength and dignity. So, below is a picture of us being clothed in strength and dignity. Hahaha. I love these girls!!



Also, we've had Chick fil A like four times this week. And, I don't think we've gotten to bed earlier than 11 in the past week (unusual)... We've also been extremely social, which is great. Random facts, just for you, my friend...

No comments:

Post a Comment