Monday, January 28, 2013

Birthday Weekend and Updates!


School is going well for the both of us! Things are just moving right along and there is a lot going on! This is when the "snowball" starts moving faster and doubling in size! Hahaha. We are now less than 4 months, which is exciting yet a bit overwhelming. THE day can't come fast enough, but it can... Because there is so much still to do! We are preparing for my bridal shower in a month and some odd days as well as more and more details for our big day. 

In other news, Daniel's birthday was Friday! Big 23! Above you can see the little "Birthday Boy" pin I got him to wear for the day and also had a little sign in my dorm. Here are some more pictures from the day:

Started our day with some homemade granola bars!

We went on a little nature hike on campus! So beautiful! Love our school! We were able to see some deer and raccoon tracks too. :)


When Daniel returned from class and a meeting, I had my room all set up! Complete with a birthday card and 23 balloons each with a note inside of 23 reasons why I love him!


For dinner, I had made pesto mozzarella chicken and balsamic roasted cauliflower. It was so good and we were so hungry, that I didn't even get a picture! However, I did get a picture of dessert: Birthday cake brownies! (You might be able to see that the "B" is a little messed up. When I was writing it, I was thinking so much about Daniel I started writing a "D". No, not happy D-day, thank God we didn't have another one of those. Hahahaha.)


We finished off our night with a musical tribute to Frank Sinatra! It was really cool and fun! We both really enjoyed it! I loved treating Daniel to a birthday celebration with just the two of us! :)



The next morning we made a nice healthy big breakfast, with paleo pancakes, bacon, kiwi, blueberries and coffee, of course. Yum, yum, yum. 


Unfortunately, I do have some bad news. My dog of 15 years passed away. He was so near and dear to our family and will be greatly missed!


Sunday, was our church's 3rd birthday! We had a huge celebration with food and fun! Also, our worship leader and wife brought a new beautiful baby girl into the world! We are so happy for them! Hope all of you are doing well! Much love!


No comments:

Post a Comment